Black Swan

 I have been single for four years now. Single in the sense that I have not fallen in love to found someone who would fall in love with me since thaaaat long. All the guys I have come across fall into one or all of these categories:

a. not looking for anything serious

b. do not see me more than a friend

c. belong to another state, and meet someone real

d. want sex

e. not ready for commitment

f. not over their exes

I have been looking or love in all the places. But I discussed this issue with my brother, who said, those who are actually ready for serious relationships do no go looking for it. It finds them. Love finds you. The wand chooses the wizard, Harry. The wand decides if you are worthy. Those who want to be in love, make themselves worthy of it. They do not waste their time and energy chasing it, rather they invest it all in self growth so that when the right person comes, they are ready to grow together.

That love, that right person is the black swan. The probability of finding a black swan if you go looking for it is same as that if you sit in one place and wait for it. The difference is only a matter of time. You will come across many white swans, while waiting as well as while chasing. You could keep hoping that maybe one of those white swans would turn into black ones, or get wooed into believing that maybe there is no black swan. But if you believe it  enough, if you have faith, you will build up a home, a means to welcome the black swan and make it feel like it belongs. And all of that will be worth it in the end. It will be the end game- the final destination.

No chasing. No games. No running away.

Just growth, harmony and good experiences.

I have come across so so so so so so many white swans, sometimes I get tired wondering will I ever find love again. When the truth is, I am not ready. I am neither settled nor mature enough to handle a relationship that would potentially end up in marriage. I need to stop sheltering white swans and wasting my resources on them and put more focus and improving myself. I should, except that I cannot. But I will try. 

When he does come, I will be worth him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fake Reality

Happy Birthday

Self Sabotaging